The choice of CCTV security cameras has never been wider but choosing the correctCCTV camera for the application is essential if the image is to be of any use. Here are a few pointers to consider when choosing or specifying a CCTV security camera.
- Do you want an analogue or IP camera. In other words is the camera to be wired to a DVR or would you prefer to use an IP camera and send the signal on your IT network.
- Would you prefer colour, black and white or colour switchable?
- Will the camera be viewing a bright light and do you need back light compensation or maybe a camera with a Pixim chip with a wide dynamic range?
- Will it be interior or exterior and if so does it need additional lighting such as white or Infra red light?
- What lens is required. Wide, narrow or a zoom lens.?
- What quality do you want? Low, medium or high resolution?.
- Do you want the camera to be in a fixed poison or be able to move around and zoom?
- Have you considered privacy zones or would you like the camera or DVR to have a privacy function?
Our surveyors will advise you on the best CCTV camera for the job