Monitoring the CCTV cameras is essential if the full benefit is to be gained from a CCTV system. The monitoring would normally take place from a dedicated position within an office environment. Normally the reception area or perhaps the security room. Here are some of the factors you may wish to consider when specifying the monitors.
- The monitor size. The correct distance from the monitor screen to the operator is essential if they are to see it properly and avoid straining their eyes.(We can advise you on this)
- The best resolution for the application. There is no sense in specifying a high resolution camera and then using a low quality screen.(We can advise you on the best screen resolution for your system)
- Is the signal an analogue or digital signal. This will have a bearing on your choice of available monitors.
- Do you want several screens and if so do you want some displaying a split screen image with several cameras being displayed at the same time.
- Would you prefer CRT or flat screen monitors?
- Is there enough ventilation in the room for lots of monitors?
- Are you intending to leave the screens switch on 24/7?
Specifying the correct monitor is essential if you are to enjoy the most from your CCTV system.